- Gary is from Dumfries
- Gary loves making music. He does it all day long.
- He can play loads of instruments including the trombone, the accordion and the watering can!
- Gary’s favourite colour is purple!
- He loves carrots and black coffee
- Gary’s birthday is March 26th
- Gary loves swimming and cycling
- He loves mugs and has a huge collection of them
- Gary is a Patron of Down Syndrome Scotland
- Gary has an M.B.E.
- Did you know Gary likes Scuba Diving?
Gary Coupland MBE – Musician/Composer/ Performer: Originally from Dumfries, he studied at The London College of Music. Gary was one of the founding members of The Singing Kettle and brings a background steeped in Scottish music to the group. Gary has written the music to hundreds of songs and tunes. Our very own ‘Music Man’ there are very few things Gary can’t play. He is a fine ambassador for Scottish traditional music and outwith FUNBOX, can be found performing at ceilidhs and parties across Scotland nearly every night, all year long. He is always in demand for weddings and parties and with his infectious personality will always get any party started. Gary has played with many of the countries best musicians and performed on many jazz, folk and classical recordings. Gary was made an MBE in 1999 for services to Children’s theatre and is a patron of Down’s Syndrome Scotland. Gary is married to Karen and has three daughters.